Delivery of MS Jektøy07.03.2017
Brødrene Aa has announced that vessel number 287, MS Jektøy, has been handed over to Boreal Sjø AS. MS Jektøy is a 25m carbon fibre catamaran with the capasity to carry 147 passengers.
"Stationed in the city of Molde, the vessel has already entered into service on the route to Vestnes and Sekken. Passengers can enjoy a spacious salon with low noise levels (65 db on avg.) and comfortable seats from West Mekan.
The new build is equipped with 2xMTU 8V2000 M72 engines, each supplying 720kW of power. Reduction gears and CPP propellers are delivered by Servogear" Brødrene Aa, March 06th.
Main propulsion data:
- Diesel engines: 2 x MTU 8V2000 M72
- Engine power/rpm: 2 x 720kW @ 2250RPM
- Gearbox: Servogear HD220 with H-gear configuration
- Reduction ratio: 2,952 : 1
- Speed range: 23 - 30 knots
- Class approval: Norwegian Maritime Directorate
Pictures by Brødrene Aa.